Monday, December 29, 2014

Emotion after a fire at a mosque – Swedish Radio

Emotion after a fire at a mosque – Swedish Radio

Everything indicates that the fire in a mosque in Eslöv last night was arson. The mosque, located in a basement of an apartment building, was formerly in the autumn subjected to vandalism and threats. Samir Muric the imam of Eslövs Islamic cultural association is shocked but grateful that no one injured.

– The tanks are very many. I am very worried and I thought what if it had happened at the morning prayer? I think of the people living above the premises. It evokes so much emotion, you do not know what to say or how to react anymore, says cleric Samir Muric.

How did you find out about the fire?

– When I woke up, I went in to Facebook and then I see something about a fire. Then I thought that hope it is not our local. And then I see Eslöv and then I thought that enough is enough.

This is not the first time that you have been subjected to attacks?

– First we got hot at the launch of “Ask the Imam-side” I cast. Then I started to vandalize boxes, and then began to scribble and has now gone one step further, to actually teeth on the premises.

How is this?

– I’m shocked. I am sorry that you even think such ill thoughts and that you are ready to do such a thing to a peaceful and innocent church that has existed in Eslöv since the 90s. Who have never had problems neither Municipality, Sweden or neighbors but on the contrary, many of our neighbors came and apologized.

What kind of reactions you have received?

– People who are angry and pissed off, and people expressing their concern about the situation of Muslims, just look at what happened in Eskilstuna. If you have to pray at home and do not express their faith in a parish local anymore?

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment