Friday, September 26, 2014

Stefan Löfven: I can form a government – Swedish Radio

Stefan Löfven: I can form a government – Swedish Radio

The Social Democratic party leader Stefan Löfven Speaker Per Westerberg held on Friday a joint press conference. Stefan Löfven had earlier reported on how efforts to form a government has gone.

– In my soundings I have noticed that the four Alliance parties have claimed to be able to tolerate a tvåpartieregering based on Eran Social Democrat and Green Party only if it can present a budget proposal that is likely to have more support than the Alliance’s options. Stefan Löfven has said to me that he can present such a proposal. I therefore consider my part of the assignment as completed, said Mr Per Westerberg, at the press conference.

Social Democrat-era leader Stefan Löfven will continue to work to form a coalition government with the Green Party.

– I have informed the President today about just that. Since I got exploratory mission last week so I have to call, in addition to the four bourgeois parties, of course, also with the Green Party and the Left, more intimate conversation with Green Party. It is my firm belief that I will of course be able to present a government and later also able to present a budget that can go through parliament. It is of course so that there is no clear budget but these are the conditions I look for this. There is a lot of work to develop a budget and it did not have languished with in this short time. But the conditions are there and why I want to continue this mission. We have big challenges that I want to do for opportunities and I want to shoulder this responsibility and continue this work to come to a vigorous government for Sweden.

Left Party leader, Jonas Sjöstedt , held a brief press conference a little while ago and said he had not reached any agreement with the Social Democrats, on the gains in welfare. The Left is not happy with the bids they received.

When it comes time for the Prime Minister of the vote will the Left to abstain, announced Sjöstedt.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment