strong fire in the Volvo Cars factory in Torslanda on the island of Hisingen, göteborg is under control.
– Now the river and we saw up the ceiling and walls to ensure that it does not spread, ” says Jon Pile on the Emergency services Storgöteborg.
the Alarm if the fire is in the Volvo Cars factory came in to emergency services at 15.32. Just before the clock 16 emergency services on the spot.
– It is a fully developed fire in krocktestbyggnaden. We are inside and rökdyker and try to put out the fire. There is a fire in the roof structure, ” says Rolf Kagelind Rescue service Storgöteborg.
At 18.30-the time thought the emergency services that the fire was under control.
– The open fire is extinguished. Now the river and we saw up the ceiling and walls to ensure that it does not spread, ” says Jon Pile, as he also works at the Emergency services Storgöteborg.
Volvo: No one is hurt
SOS Alarm sent an ambulance to the scene, but no one person has been transported to the hospital.
– It is in the case that in the present situation is any injury, ” says Rolf Kagelind.
At 18.30 worked still 30 people from four different stations to put out the fire, whose cause is not yet determined.
– All have been evacuated safely, and no one is hurt. The production is not affected, said a spokesperson for Volvo Cars.
Witness: the Smoke came very quickly
Spokesperson says that they suspect that the fire started in a cable.
Sara Larsson works at a company that is located next to the factory. She saw in the distance how the fire developed.
– It started to get very much smoke, which came very quickly and at the same time appeared a flame of fire, ” she says.
► Text update