Police guard atms after the rumors on Wednesday night that unlimited amounts of money can be taken out – even if the coverage is missing.
– We secure the right now a number of atms, ” says Fredrik Bratt, presstalesperson at the police station in the southern Region.
Now stop the Swedbank all withdrawals with a debit card temporarily.
Police are monitoring the atm machine in Malmö in the evening.Photo: Patrick Persson
Swedbank datahaveri earlier in the day has been undreamed follows.
On Wednesday night, spread rumors throughout the country about unlimited withdrawals can be made – despite the fact that the account holder lacks coverage.
Aftonbladet has received a number of calls about the phenomenon and the police in both Malmö and Gothenburg has been pressed.
According to the task to Aftonbladet, police in Gothenburg have become nerringda about the case.
– People booms atms across the city, ” says a source.
At the police in Malmö, it is stated that the family "secures" atms.
– We can confirm that we are around on a number of atms in Malmö on the occasion of a suspected fraud. We are on site to investigate what it is that has happened, ” says Fredrik Bratt at the police.
"a Lot of people who collected"
He said that the police received the call about the odd behaviour around the atm machines.
– People have reacted to that there are a lot of people who gather at these atms. We control what they do and what it is that is happening, ” says Fredrik Bratt.
He states that the work is led by the external command and that the police also taken the banking contacts.
– We secure the right now up the atms physically, ” says Fredrik Bratt.
According to information provided to Aftonbladet, it is a debit card linked to Swedbank, which is affected.
Swedbank said that shortly after at 21 that you do not have any information about the situation.
it would be the question of "free money" rejects, however, Swedbank.
– All withdrawals are recorded and take out money you do not have to become required to repay, ” says Claes Warrén, inc. Swedbank.