Thursday, April 21, 2016

Therefore leaves Katrin Säfström NA – medievärlden.se

It’s not about not being sufficiently digital. Or she does not want nedbemanna. – I’m just afraid that Mittmedia go too fast, said NA’s outgoing chief editor Katrin Säfström.

Katrin Säfström has been the newspaper director of NA since the spring of 2013. When she took office, she had for several years been struggling with declining subscription numbers of the newspaper people in Eskilstuna and also for some years been the editor of the local newspaper in Södertälje.

After a few weeks, she has been quite clear that it is time to do something else.

– It feels sad to leave a newspaper that did so well, both editorial and sales staff. It has been great fun three years of this. But if you do not fully stands behind the group management strategy should not be left as top manager.

The decision is entirely her own and there has been no reminders that maybe it would be good if she looked around for a new job.

– But of course, if I feel that I am not fit familiar enough top management too.

How long are you and My Media’s leadership from each other in terms of the Group’s strategy?

– NA has one of the largest local newspaper sites and has been at the forefront long there, before I came here. So yes, I understand that the future is digital, it is not. But I worry that Mittmedia going too fast. I fear that the strategy will have a major impact on revenues and earnings capacity.

– It is important not to go too fast, I mean. We should not force readers to change behavior without following readers’ changing behaviors.

NA is facing a major reorganization and a strong nedbemanning. But it is not in itself that is the reason for the decision.

– I’m not afraid to make nedbemanningar, has been working on the people know how it is possible to do good journalism with a small organization, says Katrin Säfström.

Now she steps of the job as a newspaper manager. But the hope that there might be a job on the floor for her somewhere.

– It would be fun to get a job as a reporter again. But otherwise I’m not averse to changing industry. I can imagine working with communications and operations management. But it is important that I can account for it and that I can make a difference.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment